E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia, and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better wherever we operate.
Engineer - Vestas Turbine Fleet
ResponsibilitiesAct as main technical contact for VESTAS WTGs within EC&R providing technical and operational support to EC&R sites & projects. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Establish a detailed technical documentation library of the OEM´s turbine types
• Define, evaluate, continuously improve and harmonize technical requirements/specifications in close collaboration with onshore regions / offshore
• Support Technical Contracting and Procurement in technical negotiations and claim management, e.g. through defining the appropriate criteria and level for Performance guarantees and tender evaluation
• Consolidate and assess technical/operational/defect information received from operating sites
• Establish & update a technical bulletin on the WTG´s fleet performance, technical details & defect history
• Support operational sites through providing technical solutions on technical failures
• Define measures to improve the turbine performance
• Track the results of the improvement measures on the turbine fleet performance
• Bundle & consolidate relevant information from Field Engineers
• Occasionally inspect wind turbines, e.g. for takeover
• Support field teams during commissioning with technical advice
• Monitor and review wind turbine related risks
• Support the Technical Fleet Manager in negotiations/discussions with the Turbine-OEM targeting performance improvements of EC&R assets
• Stay up to date with all technological developments of the supplier
• Support the Technical Fleet Manager in providing a fleet wide technical/operational feedback to the WTG-OEM and demand relevant solutions / improvements
QualificationsEngineering degree or equivalent education or experience.
Several years of practical experience with VESTAS turbines, preferred in the areas of operation and maintenance or research and development.
Additional experiences and qualifications include:
• Proven to establish, maintain and develop effective relationships
• Mobile, resilient, team oriented, interdisciplinary interested
• Proactive and reliable, structured and systematic way of working
• Entrepreneurial thinking and acting, self confidence
• English (business fluent), any other language of EC&R regions of advantage
• Ability and medical assessments to work at height
Are you interested?
Please apply using this link:
Please apply online at: https://eon.tms.hrdepartment.com/jobs/24/Engineer-Vestas-Turbine-FleetAustin
Have a look at our website: