E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia, and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better wherever we operate.
EHS Construction Manager
Responsibilities1. Adhere to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the ONE E.ON philosophy.
2. Lead the implementation of the Safety Strategy for North America Construction that reinforces Safety as a key Company Value and drives continuous improvement in safety in all areas of assigned responsibility.
3. Lead the development and implementation of all Safety Policies and Safety Procedures for Company Construction Operations in North America, including the development and execution of an effective employee Safety Training Program.
4. Manage the overall Corporate Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) Management System within assigned areas of responsibility to achieve established safety performance targets.
5. Develop and maintain safety performance metrics, statistics, records and injury reporting and record keeping systems within assigned areas of responsibility.
6. Review and approve safety plans and programs proposed by Contractors working at Company’s Construction sites and monitor their performance to assure compliance, with emphasis on the thorough evaluation of contractor pre-qualification.
7. Perform the HSSE portion of all Gate 1 and 2 submissions for sites under development.
8. Recruit, coach and train Safety Coordinators assigned to various Company Construction sites (Wind, Solar, Biomass) and monitor their performance to ensure compliance with established safety policies, practices and contract/reporting requirements.
9. Comply with all the requirements specified in the HSSE Management System.
10. Actively participate in the Management System HSSE Program.
QualificationsWORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
5 years total operational management experience in the energy sector or equivalent including a minimum of two (2) years experience in a leadership role in Construction Safety. Knowledge of OSHA Regulations – Has a good working knowledge of Federal OSHA , EPA and labor standards for General Industry and Construction and the general principles of Construction Safety and Industrial Hygiene. Technical Knowledge - Demonstrates knowledge in all technical aspects of construction of large infrastructures, preferably power generation and or substations facilities, including operations and maintenance. Management Systems knowledge – at least two years experience managing safety under the ISO 14000 and OHSAS18000 protocols.
Bachelor Degree in Public Health or Safety, Environmental science, or a related field. Post-graduate degree preferred, professional certification required.
Safety/Environmental- Promote for all at all times.
Bias for Action – Demonstrates a sense of urgency in the face of important issues and opportunities, makes timely decisions, commits oneself, and takes action.
Leadership Skills – Demonstrates the ability to effectively enlist and energize stakeholders in a shared vision and to direct, align and inspire the actions of others in bringing about transformational change safety practices.
Interpersonal Skills - Builds strong and effective relationships with all stakeholders through effective two-way communications, personal leadership and demonstrated commitment to the success of the organization.
Team Building Skills – Effectively enlists leadership from all levels of the organization to achieve a common vision, goals and objectives in an effective and efficient manner.
Analytical Capability – Understands the principles of Safety and possesses skills in data management, data analysis, interpretation and translation into effective information and sound, cost effective recommendations.