E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia, and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better wherever we operate.
Wind Farm Technician II/I - Taft, TX
Responsibilities1. Adherence to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the ONE E.ON philosophy.
2. Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the wind farm site.
3. Monitor the activities of maintenance contractors and ensure corrective actions when appropriate.
4. Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on systems and equipments following planned maintenance or outages.
5. Train and guide less experienced operations and maintenance site personnel.
6. Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned and fill in as back up to personnel at other E.ON sites when necessary.
7. Assist with turbine maintenance including services, major component work and replacement, and troubleshooting.
8. Assist with Balance of Plant procedures as needed, including substation and collection system maintenance.
For Tech II, at least 4 years of work experience in operations and/or maintenance in power generation, transmission and/or distribution.
SUBSTITUTION CLAUSE: A 2 year or 4 year college degree from an accredited school, other than correspondence or on-line, in a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power, or closely similar) may substitute for 2 years of experience. A current journeyman or master electrician license may substitute for 2 years of experience. A wind technician certificate program can substitute for 1 year of experience.
Tech I: Same as above, but with 6 years of experience.