E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia, and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better wherever we operate.
Wind Tech - All Levels
ResponsibilitiesTHIS DESCRIPTION REPRESENTS THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION. THE INCUMBENT MAY BE ASKED TO FULFILL OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. Adherence to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the ONE E.ON philosophy.
2. Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the wind farm site.
3. Monitor and learn the activities of maintenance contractors and ensure corrective actions when appropriate.
4. Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on systems and equipments following planned maintenance or outages.
5. Train and guide less experienced operations and maintenance site personnel.
6. Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned and fill in as back up to personnel at other E.ON sites when necessary.
QualificationsTech II: Four (4) years of experience in to operations and/or maintenance of power generation and related facilities, with some experience with wind turbines. 2 of the 4 years can be satisfied with an Associate degree in Engineering Technology, Natural Science or closely related field from an accredited school. Must have significant mechanical experience.
Associate degree in Sciences or related field from an accredited school preferred.
Siemens turbine experience strongly preferred.
Tech I: Same as above, but with 6 years of experience.