E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia, and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better wherever we operate.
E.ON Climate & Renewables North America is one of the world’s largest owners of renewable (wind and solar) power projects. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, with development offices in Austin, TX, Denver, CO, Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA, the company develops, owns, and operates some of the most efficient, highest performing renewable energy projects in the United States generating over 2,200 megawatts (MW). E.ON Climate and Renewables is one of the fastest growing renewable power companies in the industry.
E.ON Climate & Renewables North America is a subsidiary of E.ON AG, a global Fortune 50 company and one of the world’s largest energy companies. E.ON is the largest investor-owned utility in the world.
Senior Wind Analyst (Modeling and Late Development)
Main Tasks: Apply experience and discernment in support of regional projects specifically relating to wind analysis, wind flow modeling, and wake modeling.
• Perform analysis on large data sets including but not limited to imputation of data gaps, selective averaging, long-term adjustment, shear, turbulence, and air density.
• Apply with expert skill a suite of wind flow and wake models (both linear and CFD) to specific projects within the ECR development pipeline. Evaluate competing results and apply most representative technical outcome.
• Prepare site conditions as input into turbine supplier site suitability analysis
• Navigate project constraints to optimize proposed wind farm production and/or IRR. Such optimizations include interdepartmental collaboration, desktop optimization, and field observations & micrositing
• Perform uncertainty analysis on energy production estimates
• Report analysis methods and results in a concise customer friendly matter
• Project manage and/or technically support department improvement efforts or formal research & development programs with a goal of maintaining industry leading technical standards.
• Accountable for maximizing ECR project value while honoring procedures & guidelines to assure procedural harmonization and standardization.
QualificationsEducation: University degree in engineering, meteorology, math, or physics
Experience: Technical: Minimum five years experience in the area of wind analysis demonstrating technical proficiency and discernment most specifically in the area of flow and wake modeling (CFD experience desired)
Leadership: Minimum three years experience project managing own analysis tasks directly with customers.
Know How / Capability:
• Ability to make technical decisions, set analysts strategy, and guide mentor junior analysts
• Sound commercial knowledge
• Self motivated with ability to maintain high performance
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues
• Collaborative by nature, resilient, team oriented, interdisciplinary interests
• Problem solver
• English (business fluent). German, Swedish, Spanish or other language spoken in an ECR region is advantageous
• Worked in international business culture an advantage
Work Areas: Office, development site, construction site, wind farm in operation
Are you interested?
Please apply using this link:
Please apply online at .https://eon.tms.hrdepartment.com/jobs/16/Senior-Analyst-Modeling-and-Late-DevelopmentAustin. If you can;t access the online system, please email your resume to Don Carter, EC&R North America at Don.Carter@eon.com.
Have a look at our website: