E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia, and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better wherever we operate.
Generation Dispatch Manager
Responsibilities1. Interview, hire, lead, supervise, train, schedule, counsel and evaluate the E.ON Dispatch team and refine internal procedures required to remotely monitor 24/7 wind farm operations within ERCOT, MISO and PJM markets.
2. Manage the Dispatch activities to ensure effective actions in support of the operational and compliance requirements for NERC, ISOs, and TOPs, and PPA partners. Responsible for evaluation of any compliance issues and develop and implement a remediation plan to avoid any similar future events.
3. Ensure appropriate processes are in place for voltage, real and reactive power control as required by the operating protocols for each ISO.
4. Develop and train staff to support the remote operations of the wind farms. Obtain within 6 months, and maintain thereafter, NERC and PJM Operator Certification and other ISO certifications as required.
5. Make appropriate decisions to resolve multiple challenges within the required time.
6. Lead the development and production of daily, weekly and monthly reports for wind farm operation and performance.
7. Recommend to the Engineering team SCADA system enhancements, in order to accommodate the current and upcoming market operations of an expanding asset base in multiple US power markets.
8. Travel as needed to other Company and vendor locations.
9. Adherence to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the ONE E.ON philosophy.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited school and at least 4 years work experience in power markets and/or power generation, or transmission operations or similar environment, with at least 2 or the 4 years in a lead or supervisory role.
Substitution: Four (4) years of applicable similar work experience may substitute for the required degree.
Knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements is a must. Experience with OSI monarch SCADA systems is a plus. NERC and/or PJM Operator Certification is a plus.
General conditionsSafety- Promote safety for all at all times.
Initiative – must be able to manage work with minimum supervision, take ownership of tasks and drive solutions
Flexibility – must be able to balance between internal technical constraints, resource requirements and external uncertainties surrounding new market rules and new generation sources. Must be amenable to occasionally carrying out responsibilities during weekend hours.
Interpersonal skills – ability to interact with different functional groups and external counterparties. Must be a team player
Problem-Solving – motivation to seek solutions to known challenges and improvements to existing procedures
Are you interested?
Please apply using this link:
Have a look at our website: